Rise and Shine Challenge
Hello and welcome to the Rise and Shine Challenge!
If you are here you are probably wanting to improve your mental and physical health, so good on you for making that commitment to yourself.
The reason I created this challenge is to feel better, inside and out. I created a list of things that I know will help me feel amazing if I do them everyday, and I wanted to give others the opportunity to join me, firstly for accountability, but also because I know I'm not the only one who can benefit from this.
Let's get into the details.
When: Monday 7th of March 2022 - 3rd of April 2022 (4 weeks)
What's provided: 4 week meal plan using recipes from Rise and Shine (purchase the book here. Use the discount code "RISEANDSHINE" to get 15% off)
What to do: The first thing we will do before the challenge starts is write down our goals/intentions for the next 4 weeks. Why are you doing this challenge? What are you hoping to achieve during this challenge? How are you feeling now? How do you want to feel at the end of the 4 weeks?
Another thing to do before the challenge is write down some affirmations that you will say to yourself everyday. Write them somewhere where you will see them so you are constantly reminded (on your mirror, on sticky notes, on your phone home screen etc). If you need help finding affirmations, just google "affirmation quotes" and pick out the ones that resonate with you at this time. You can change these or add more during the challenge if you need.
Some examples of affirmations are:
I have the power to create the life I deserve
I am one of a kind
I deserve all good things
I am worthy of love
I am strong
I attract love
I choose to be happy and to love myself today
Today is going to be a great day
I attract positivity
I am better than I used to be. Better than I was yesterday. But hopefully not as good as I'll be tomorrow.
The following are the tasks that we will do our best to complete everyday (in no particular order). I understand that we all have different circumstances so some of these tasks may not be possible for you, and that is okay. Do what you can, even if it's only a couple of things. Your body and mind will still feel the benefits.
- get up before the sun (or before 6am)
- drink lemon water first thing in the morning (1/2 lemon in 1 cup warm water)
- give your body a gentle stretch
- 10 minutes of movement (mini workout, walk, dance etc)
- bowl of fruit (ideally before breakfast)
- drink at least 2 litres of water
- some form of meditation for at least 10 minutes (mantra, breathing, visualising, manifesting etc)
- say out loud or write 3 things you are grateful for that day (a text from a friend, a random act of kindness from a stranger, a flower your child picked for you etc)
- journal your thoughts/feelings or write about your day (the good and not so good things)
- creative time (learn a new hobby, play guitar, paint/draw, sew, write etc)
- take care of your skin (skincare routine, gua sha, moisturiser, serums, sunscreen etc)
- daily dose of nature (walk outside, waterfall adventure, swim in the ocean etc)
- eat mostly whole-foods (follow the meal plan below if you desire)
- pick up 3 pieces of rubbish while you're out and about
- one day a week spend at least 20 minutes picking up rubbish (can do this with friends or listen to a positive podcast/audiobook)
- one day a week catch up with friends (grab a coffee, go for a walk, play board games, chat etc)
And thats it! I am so excited to be doing this challenge with all of you. Let's spread positivity and support each other during this time.
I can't wait for us all to feel our absolute best xxxx